Persona assignments in Iterable
Ah personalization, the holy grail of growth teams everywhere. Too bad it’s so difficult to do well.
The best way to personalize email is the simplest: organize your customers into personas, then produce straightforward variations of your email content for each persona. This way, you can have both copy and creative perfectly aligned with the interests of each persona so that your customers feel like you get them.
Faraday makes discovering your brand's bespoke personas intuitive & easy, and delivering them to any channel in your stack a breeze.
With persona assignment predictions in Iterable, you'll give your team the ability to personalize engagement to perfection through insights from AI-generated personas.
Follow the steps below to get your persona assignments predictions into your Iterable account.
In this guide, we'll show you how to:
- Organize your customer data into cohorts
- Describe prediction models for personas with persona sets
- Deploy persona assignments predictions to Iterable using Pipelines
Make sure you have a Faraday account (signup is free!) and that it's not in test mode.
You'll need the following cohorts available in your Faraday account:
- A cohort representing your customers — or create one first
Now you'll create the prediction objective(s) necessary to complete this use case with Faraday.
Persona sets use machine learning to organize people into unique, coherent subgroups (called personas) that you can use to personalize your outreach.
Let's make a persona set that organizes your customers into personas.
- In the navigation sidebar, choose Persona sets.
- Click the New persona set button.
- Fill out the form:
- Click the Save persona set button.
Faraday will do some magic in the background, so you can proceed with the rest of the instructions. When your persona set is done building, you'll get an email, and you can review your personas.
Now you'll configure the pipeline that deploys your predictions to iterable.
Create your pipeline
- In the navigation sidebar, choose Pipelines.
- Click the New Pipeline button.
- Fill out the form:
- Click the Save pipeline button.
Your pipeline will start building in the background. You can proceed immediately with the next set of instructions.
Deploy your pipeline
- In the Deployment area, find the CSV module and click Add.
- Fill out the popup:
- Click the Finish button.
- Click the Test deployment button and confirm the results meet your expectations. Faraday will finish building your pipeline in the background. When it's done, you'll get an email—return to the pipeline and click the Enable pipeline button to activate it.
With your pipeline deployed, it's time to plug your personas into Iterable. Follow the steps below to see each Iterable contact enriched with their unique persona.
Creating a new audience list in Iterable
In your Faraday pipeline, click the Download CSV button under the deployment to download your persona assignments as a CSV.
Navigate to Audience → Lists in Iterable.
If you already have a list you'd like to append your personas to, click Add subscribers / Modify List on that list and follow the same steps below.
Click Import list in the upper right.
Give your list a unique name, like "Customers - Faraday personas." Then, toggle update existing users only and click next.
- Click select a CSV file and choose your CSV, then click next.
- You'll be presented with a preview screen displaying new fields to be created, and the last of these will be for personas.
Click Upload subscribers to start the upload process.
Once the list is finished processing, you're ready to kick off personalized campaigns in Iterable.
🔒 It's a best practice to permanently delete any file that contains personally identifiable information (PII) after use. Any deployment from Faraday that is unhashed contains PII, and should be deleted after uploading it to your destination for security purposes.