Ah personalization, the holy grail of growth teams everywhere. Too bad it’s so difficult to do well.
The best way to personalize email is the simplest: organize your customers into personas, then produce straightforward variations of your email content for each persona. This way, you can have both copy and creative perfectly aligned with the interests of each persona so that your customers feel like you get them.
Faraday makes discovering your brand's bespoke personas intuitive & easy, and delivering them to any channel in your stack a breeze.
With persona assignment predictions in Klaviyo, you'll give your team the ability to personalize engagement to perfection through insights from AI-generated personas.
Follow the steps below to get your persona assignments predictions into your Klaviyo account.
In this guide, we'll show you how to:
- Organize your customer data into cohorts
- Describe prediction models for personas with persona sets
- Deploy persona assignments predictions to Klaviyo using Pipelines
You'll need the following cohorts available in your Faraday account:
- A cohort representing your customers — or create one first
Now you'll create the prediction objective(s) necessary to complete this use case with Faraday.
Persona sets use machine learning to organize people into unique, coherent subgroups (called personas) that you can use to personalize your outreach.
Let's make a persona set that organizes your customers into personas.
- In the navigation sidebar, choose Persona sets.
- Click the New persona set button.
- Fill out the form:
- Click the Save persona set button.
Faraday will do some magic in the background, so you can proceed with the rest of the instructions. When your persona set is done building, you'll get an email, and you can review your personas.
Now you'll configure the pipeline that deploys your predictions to klaviyo.
- In the navigation sidebar, choose Pipelines.
- Click the New Pipeline button.
- Fill out the form:
- Click the Save pipeline button.
Your pipeline will start building in the background. You can proceed immediately with the next set of instructions.
- In the Deployment area, find the CSV module and click Add.
- Fill out the popup:
Choose the Identified option.
Choose Human friendly column headers.
- Click the Next button.
- Expand the Structure section of Advanced Settings
- Click the Finish button.
- Click the Test deployment button and confirm the results meet your expectations. Faraday will finish building your pipeline in the background. When it's done, you'll get an email—return to the pipeline and click the Enable pipeline button to activate it.
With your pipeline deployed, it's time to plug your personas into Klaviyo. Follow the steps below to see each Klaviyo contact enriched with their unique persona.
- In your Faraday pipeline, click the Download CSV button under the deployment to download your personas as a CSV.
- Navigate to Klaviyo's Lists & Segments, and click create a list/segment in the upper right.
- Select list, as you'll need to create a list with these contacts and create the persona property during upload.
- Give your list a unique name and, optionally, a tag. Click create list.
- Select upload contacts.
- You'll be taken to the field mapping screen, where you can map any fields that didn't automatically map.
Under the "Klaviyo field" column, key rows to map to are email and the persona row outlined in step 7. Rows like the raw persona ID, which is generally the row before the score in step 7, can be skipped.
- In the final row, "fdy_persona_set_persona_name", click unmapped, and type in a unique name for this field, such as "Persona." Then, click create option.
- In the final column for your new personas property, "type," ensure the option is string, as personas will be several characters of text. This will enable you to create segments of contacts whose persona is a specific name.
- Click import review in the upper right to see the final report of columns being imported, properties being created, and columns skipped. Click start import to wrap up, and you can now begin to plan a personalized campaign to target the contacts in this list. Contacts that already exist will have their persona appended to their contact card.
🔒 It's a best practice to permanently delete any file that contains personally identifiable information (PII) after use. Any deployment from Faraday that is unhashed contains PII, and should be deleted after uploading it to your destination for security purposes.